Tuesday 11 February 2014

Beauty Bite: Barry M's Matte Nail Paint in 'Vanilla'

I have been itching to get my hands on one of these for a very long time. After a long time standing at the Barry M stand in Superdrug I made one of the hardest decisions a girl can make. Which nail varnish do I get? Gelly, textured or Matte? Which shade? Then this beauty caught my eye. This is the matte nail paint in 'Vanilla'.
This little gem came in at a bank account friendly price of £3.99 which for something as great as this, you can't go wrong. I was worried due to the hype of the 'Gelly' Barry M nail polishes (Which I unfortunately STILL haven't tried) that these would be over-hyped and I would be wasting my money. I could not have been more wrong!! 
 I will admit I expected the colour to be a bit more of a grey shade but I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be a sort of pale purple/muted brown/light grey on my nails. It's an odd colour to describe but I  love it! I wouldn't say that 'Vanilla' suited the colour of the polish but we'll let that slide...

This applied really well! I was worried about it drying too quickly but it didn't. It gave you enough time to apply it before it dried but when it was applied, it dried so much more quickly than I had originally anticipated. 

I applied one coat of this nail varnish and it gave one even thick layer which didn't need an extra coat which is something I always look for! (I'm too impatient for applying loads of coats of nail varnish!) So far no chipping, but that's only with a few hours wear, we'll see how it holds up!

(Excuse the cuticles.)

I say give it a go! 
Any other shades I should try?
Or any other nail polishes I should give a go?
Don't be shy! Let me know in the comments section!




No comments :

Post a Comment