Friday 15 August 2014

Recent Purchases #4

So I recently have been splurging on a few beauty essentials for my upcoming holiday which meant a few trips to Boots and Superdrug. Here's what I've been buying!

First is the Boots Soltan Protect & Moisturise Face Suncare Cream in SPF 50+ (That's a lot to type out!) A lot of people have mentioned that there are increasingly more sun creams and sun protection for your face. Up until now, I've never used a sun cream specifically for my face. A lot of beauty bloggers have raved about expensive brands and say "invest in skincare". But for those of you like me who don't have much money to spend and the sight of £25 for a sun cream makes your eyes water, here is an alternative. Currently this is half price at Boots and cost me just under £5! It comes in a range of SPF but for my fair skin I chose the highest. I tried this out for a full day under my makeup and it was perfect! No burns!

Next is a repurchase x1000. I've bought Collection's Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer so many times I've lost count! However, Superdrug sent me on a wild goose chase for the lightest shade as everywhere I went stocked only shades 2,3 and 4. I needed shade 1! So after searching in every Superdrug and Tesco for the lightest shade I decided to go to Boots for it where it sat patiently waiting for me to pick it up! It's only £4.19 and it's the best highstreet concealer!

Thirdly is the Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder. I've always gone for even cheaper face powders such as Collection, MUA and NYC but this powder was on offer at Superdrug for only 2.99! so I grabbed it while I have the chance! I have it in 003 Peach Glow.

Finally a product I have heard a lot about. It's the Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in the shade Pink Pout. This is supposedly a dupe for MAC's Angel which is a blue toned pink but you MAC lovers will have to decide for yourselves on that one! The colour is gorgeous and the packaging is so sleek and sophisticated. I'm in love with pink lipsticks an especially matte ones so I'm excited to give this a try!

What are your most recent purchases?
Let me know :)

No comments :

Post a Comment